Moss graffiti, the environmentally-friendly “vandalism”
Ingredients and tools:
- 1 can of beer
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Several clumps garden moss
You will also need a plastic container (with lid), a blender and a paintbrush
- First of all gather together several clumps of moss (moss can usually be found in moist, shady places) and crumble them into a blender.
- Add the beer and sugar and blend just long enough to create a smooth, creamy consistency.
- Pour the mixture into a plastic container.
- Find a suitable damp and shady wall on to which you can apply your moss milkshake.
- Paint your chosen design onto the wall (either free-hand or using a stencil). If possible try to return to the area over the following weeks to ensure that the mixture is kept moist. Soon the bits of blended moss should begin to re-couperate into a whole rooted plant – maintaining your chosen design before eventually colonising the whole area.